Fertile Ground Foundation is committed to improving the personal growth and well-being of men, women and children by providing programs that educate, edify and encourage its participants for effective service within society.
Board of Directors
Pamala Hutcherson, MPA, MHP – President/CEO
Knitasha Washington, MHA, FACHE – Vice Chairman
Chandra Castaldo, RN, CCM – Assistant Vice Chairman
Stephanie Henriques, MPA – Treasurer
Antonea Owens, BA – Business Administrator
Dwayne Cooper, BS – Board Member
Latisa DeWitt, MBA – Board Member
Roland Hutcherson, BS
FGF provides a range of health education and awareness classes for the South Suburban Cook County, IL and Greater Birmingham, AL Communities. FGF will seek to adequately educate our communities and offer alternative solutions to their needs; by doing this, we believe we can lower the occurrences of HIV/AIDS transmission. Classes includes information on:
- What causes HIV/AIDS
- Ways of becoming infected
- What activities are safe
By providing the fundamental resources accessible to most of the free world, it is quite possible to dramatically decrease the spread of the disease so future generations have a much lower fatality rate.
CDC Statistical Information
Impact of HIV/AIDS on people of color:
- People of color now represent the majority of new HIV infections, new AIDS causes and of Americas living with AIDS in the US.
- The majority of new HIV infections are among African-Americans (46%); 17% are among Latinos.
FGF HELPS YOUNG PEOPLE
- Learn how the choice to remain abstinent can impact their future
- Establish a direction for their lives
- Create an action plan for success
- Connect education, career, money, lifestyle
- Learn that todays choices create the future
- Personal mentoring to the youth at risk
- Receive information on what is normal to expect in themselves, spouses and family
- Help to come out of isolation, shame or denial
- Help to face reality
- To talk to someone who has had a similar journey
- To gain/re-gain and share HOPE
- To grow and heal
- Learn that healing is a process
Offering clients challenging and competitive programs that will provide effective workout solutions for all ages. Throughout the year, the Fitness Program offers special classes to kick-start personal fitness programs and to take existing programs to the next level.
Support our work, make a donation today!